January 12, 2011

First Silhouette project -- success

On a whim, I bought a Silhouette on Cyber Monday. After waiting over 3 weeks for it, it finally arrived! I spent an hour or so playing with small projects and then decided to jump all in to my first vinyl project. My brother and his fiancĂ© are getting married in March and I had two showers for her this past weekend. Wedding expenses have been adding up quickly so I wanted to make something that they would love for as little as possible. I bought the frame for $9 at the Teej as I call it… aka T.J. Maxx. (Size is around 10x20) I threw the mat and back away and hot glued the glass into the frame so that they could easily hang it. I totally should have taken pictures on each step with the vinyl but I was worried that I would jinx myself! The letters were placed on the front of the glass but next time I would love to try glass etching the name on the other side of the glass and then layering the Est. 2011 on top of it slightly.

New Years-082

It’s a new year which means a new wrapping style…brown mailing paper and bright ribbon. This roll of paper cost 1/4 of what a roll of wrapping paper would cost and I can use it for any occasion! New Years-095

P.S. The bride-to-be loved it and wants to hang it in their entry way. Success! On to my next Silhouette project…

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful project - it turned out great!!

    I'm a new follower from Whatever Goes Wednesday.

    Would love for you to visit sometime at...
    http://NauticalCottageBlog.com
    http://MgPhotoArt.blogspot.com

    Thanks & Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful first project from your Silhouette!!! I have had mine for a year, and can't imagine my crafty life without it! My bestie even got one for Christmas from hubs... I know you will continue to churn out some great one of a kind items and wish you a wonderful journey :) Dara Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I just love my Silhouette too!
    -Mariesa
    http://tencowchick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift idea! Every bride loves getting stuff with her new name on it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...